We all know I live in CT, right? In fact, I was born an raised here. I was bored the other day and started to do a little research about the history of CT and came across a few websites that have all of the state laws listed in layman’s terms. I admit it, I laughed A LOT. Here are some of the funniest ones. My commentary is in italics.
- Town records may not be kept where liquor is sold. You never know when a drunk might spill something.
- You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour. 64 is fine, just don’t go 65; cause, then, it’s dangerous!
- It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades. Where am I supposed to put them? Who wants to go in on a storage facility with me?
- It is illegal to discharge a firearm from a public highway. JUST on the highway; side roads are fine.
- In Guilford, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset. All of you moonwalkers out there…I’m watching you!
- In Hartford, only white Christmas lights are allowed for display. They take the term White Christmas very seriously in Hartford.
- Also in Hartford, you aren’t allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands. Ok, when was this a problem?
- In Meriden, the use of a bean whistle in public is prohibited. Excuse me, a what?
- In NewBritain, it is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire. Memo to myself: DO NOT move to New Britain, there is a strong chance that your house will burn down.
- In Rocky Hill, an arcade may not have more than a total of four amusement devices such as ping-pong tables, pinball machines, or shuffleboard tables. Another memo to myself: Don’t go to an arcade in Rocky Hill; it will be boring!
- In Southington, silly string is banned. Seriously? Again I ask, when was this a problem?
- In Waterbury, it is illegal for any beautician to hum, whistle, or sing while working on a customer. Dear Waterbury Police officers, please stop giving out needless tickets for speeding and get on this one!
What state/town do you live in? Find some crazy laws and post them here!