Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not exactly a huge movie fan (I don’t have the attention span to sit for that long). It’s rare that a movie captures my interest enough for me to watch it all the way through, and even more rare that I’d watch it a second time. Because of that, I thought I’d share with you the few that have made it onto my “must see” list.
- Ghostbusters: The original. This film was released in 1984 and stars Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Harold Ramis as a group of scientists who invent a way to catch “ghosts.” Hilarity ensues and we learn that when a ghost asks you if you’re a God, you say YES!
- The Goonies: This film was released in 1985 and stars Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, and Corey Feldman as a group of misfits who go on an adventure to save their homes from foreclosure. In my opinion, it’s one of the best adventure movies out there; and, to this day I still live by the mantra that Goonies NEVER say die!
- Pretty Woman: This film was released in 1990 and stars Julia Roberts and Richard Gere as a prostitute and business tycoon respectively. It is one of the best “Cinderella” stories out there with two of the best actors to boot. It’s also where I learned that everybody loves Prince (more than life itself).
- Liar, Liar: This film was released in 1997 and stars Jim Carrey as an arrogant lawyer who constantly lies to his son. When his son “wishes” his dad couldn’t lie for his birthday crazy things begin to happen. It’s where I learned that the God damn pen is BLUE!
- Wedding Crashers: This film was released in 2005 and stars Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as divorce mediators who crash weddings in their spare time to meet women. When the Secretary of the Treasury announces his daughter’s wedding, the two make it their mission to attend the event. Of course, hilarity ensues in the process and we learn about the dreaded stage 5 clinger!