Last weeks favorite movie post was so popular I decided to continue the trend with my five favorite songs. This was DIFFICULT to say the least; those who know me will know why…I LOVE music. All kinds. Picking just five was one tough feat.
- The Righteous Brothers- 1965. Unchained Melody. This is, by far, my absolute favorite song in the whole world. I think it keeps me thinking that maybe there is someone out there longing for me.
- Kool and the Gang- 1984. Cherish. Another lovey dovey one, I know. But it reminds me that we have to cherish each and every moment that we all have together.
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers- 1964. Last Kiss. I prefer, though, the remake; released in 2000 by Pearl Jam. Last Kiss (remake). My mom used to sing this to me when I was a little kid. It’s just one of those songs you don’t forget. I remember the first time I heard Pearl Jam’s version on the radio; I started singing along. Baffled, I stoped and asked my mom, “how do I know this?”
- Billy Joel- 1977. Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song). I’ve often credited Billy Joel as my “favorite” artist. This song is just one of his that I could listen to over and over again.
- The Bangles- 1988. Eternal Flame. This song is really just wonderfull! I think everyone has an eternal flame.
Now, it’s your turn…what’s your favorite song?